Please enjoy this week's featured recipe—a warming chili perfect for these rainy spring days.
A drizzle of olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 cup frozen corn
Salt, to taste
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, diced)
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 -15oz. can pinto beans
1 -15oz. can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
1 package Beyond Meat Veggie Crumbles
3 cups vegetable broth
1. In a large soup pot or dutch oven heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and pepper, season with salt and saute until onion is soft.
3. Add corn and season with cumin and garlic, cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add canned tomatoes, pinto beans, and veggie crumbles with additional salt if needed.
5. Add vegetable broth and bring to a slow boil. Adjust heat to simmer and cook for 30-60 minutes (one hour is ideal to meld all the flavors).
6. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
7. Serve with vegan sour cream (optional of course), chives, shredded vegan cheese alongside tortilla chips or cornbread.
Get more great vegan recipes on SundayMorningBananaPancakes.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram and tag FARM using #MeatoutMondays!!