This recipe packs a healthful punch so be sure to bookmark it or add it to your virtual recipe binder because we suspect you will want to revisit this one a few times a year. ::wink:: Featuring both sweet potatoes (known for containing vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and multiple B vitamins) and chickpeas (best known for providing protein, fiber, potassium, iron, and magnesium) this dish makes a fantastic side or even main! Plus, it is both gluten-free and oil-free, filling, and leaves room for adding some of your own favorite spices too! Have fun with this one and enjoy!
2 large sweet potatoes (about 4-5 cups)
1 can of organic chickpeas (15 ounces)
1/2 yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
1/8 green onion, diced (optional)
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook diced onion over medium heat for 4 minutes.
2. Add dice sweet potatoes and cook until almost tender (about 10-12 minutes).
3. Add drained and rinsed chickpeas and thyme, and give it a good mix. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Cook until potatoes are fork tender and slightly crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve warm topped with fresh thyme and green onion.
Find more delicious gluten-free vegan recipes at ThePlantPhilosophy.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!