We are throwin' it back to a great go-to recipe that never fails to be delicious and easy to make with very few ingredients. The steadfast tempeh reuben is one for the books! The best part is there is now ready made vegan thousand island dressing. However, if you want to try your hand at making the dressing yourself there are plenty of Google-able easy DIY recipes online. Yay! Have fun and enjoy this one!
2 slices of rye or pumpernickel bread
4 1/4 inch slices of tempeh
2 Tbsp. vegan thousand island dressing (try Follow Your Heart brand)
1-1/4 inch slice of Daiya havarti jalapeno & garlic vegan cheese (or your favorite)
1/4 cup sauerkraut
1 Tbsp. coconut oil or vegan butter, for frying
1/2 tsp. Braggs aminos (or soy sauce)
1. If your tempeh is in block form, slice four 1/4 inch slices. If pre-sliced, use about 3-4 slices.
2. In a frying pan, melt a little oil or butter and add the soy sauce. Fry the tempeh strip until crispy and golden brown, about 2-4 minutes on each side.
3. Grab your bread slices and spread about a tablespoon of vegan thousand island dressing on each one.
4. Top the newly slathered bread slices with the fried tempeh and then vegan cheese.
5. Put the sandwich together and using the same frying pan grill the sandwich until cheese melts, a few minutes on each side.
6. Remove from pan, separate bread slices, top with sauerkraut, and reassemble into sandwich form.
Find more easy and delicious vegan recipes on FettleVegan.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!